Immersion leads to intimacy leads to seeing. What is clutter style? Take this quick quiz first to find out.
- Is the mess heaped up or spread?
- Any areas of floor visible?
- Is the floor covered in ruined carpet that needs to be pulled up?
- Is it grimy?
- Large areas of damaged walls, cupboards or flooring, wallpaper damaged by watery “stuff”, termites, dry-rot?
- Is the clutter sorted into neat boxes and bins or churned (all different types of stuff mixed in together)?
- Does it smell like lemons and flowers, fresh air and lollipops? or does it smell like animals, mold, must, and worse?
- Are things dry and clean or slimy and grimy?
- Windows closed and covered? Lightbulbs burned out or not working? Is your place dingy and dark or are the windows clear and sunlight pouring into your home?
- Do you have lots of beautiful objects laying about. Click here to see.
- Lots of stuff needs repair, refinishing and repainting?
- Fire or flood happened or at risk?
Dealing with a churned, dark, stinky, broken mess?
If so, call in reinforcements now and “suit up!” a la Barney in HIMYM.
lots of heavy-duty plastic garbage bags
Now give them instructions on what you want saved (if salvageable) and instructions to photograph damaged items and send them for approval before disposing.
Then run! Take a communication device (tablet, phone, computer) and get out of their and let them clear it. Overwhelmed, dangerous, gross, dirty, grimy, filthy…get out and come back when it is time to scrub and clean.
SAL SI PUEDES!