In the middle of immersion and feeling a bit overwhelmed? Self-Sooth!
- Sweep every morning
- Pick a great music station
- Draw a few pictures of your mess so you can see it and make a plan for the next hour
- Attack a small area like the top of a table or dresser
- If you have pets, go for a walk, it is good for everyone
- Open all of your windows (Many clutter-bugs hide behind closed drapes)
- If your window-coverings are moldy, torn, or beyond help, pull them down and put them in the recycling bin if cloth.
- Wash a window or too. Be a proud recovering-clutter-bug. Stop hiding. Sharing your problem and getting light in your house is wondrous!
Push away the urge to waste time on the path to freedom. Typical avoidance behaviors or time-wasters (excuses):
- Go on the evil computer
- Watch T.V.
- Talk to friends
- Eat junk
- Stare out the window for hours
- Read junky novels (now is not the time)
- Drink, smoke, etc.